A so-called “Grand Slam” (3 different Billfish within 24 hours) is always possible here, especially since there are often plenty of Sailfish and there is also the chance of Broadbill (Swordfish) during night fishing.
In addition to a very professional crew and a boat perfectly equipped for Marlin fishing, there is another aspect in addition to the exception area described above: The boat owner has several so-called “FAD’s” (Fish Attraction Device,) i.e. devices made mostly of wood, anchored offshore below the water surface and thus magnetically attract small fish and large predators) whose position, of course, only he knows. In combination with the naturally created places, which can also only be reached by large yachts, this seems to be the key to this sensational success. And don’t forget: on the “Thumper” the bait is in the water with the first sunlight until darkness falls in the fishing area. The way to the fishing grounds and the way back will be done at night.
Schedule of the Tour 12.06.-20.06.2021
The next 3 days are all about the Marlin – from about 5:30 a.m. to just before 6:00 p.m. we will be chasing the Billfish.
Around midnight we arrive again in Golfito and move into the guest house from the boat owner (double room).
Accommodation as above
Transfer to San Jose and return flight
- International flight to San Jose / Costa Rica
- 3 days / 4 nights on board the “Thumper” including full board. Accommodation in a double cabin
- 2 full days (each about 12 hours) inshorefishing – including meals.
- 4 nights in the skipper’s guest house
- Tips for the crew and for the cleaning staff in the house (Note: Since the tipping habits of the US-dominated markets often seem a little unusual for Europeans, we have already factored this cost factor into the travel price).
- Participant t-shirt
- fishing license
- 1 year membership in the Billfish Foundation (BF) – this means: every angler who releases one or more marlines will receive a visually very beautiful certificate from the BF as a lasting reminder for an (hopefully) unforgettable fishing adventure.
- Hosted by: Kai Witt, Global Fishing Adventures
Price per person: € 4,390
Number of participants: 6
– Catering on land